Wednesday 30 May 2007

The Great Caddy lookabout

I love to have my handy backup...backup backup!! I have been using a mediagate caddy for my 2.5 harddisk(laptop size) and have been delighted until... the firewire connection became faulty...So I will need it to get looked at and in the meantime I need a sub! I haven't use the option to use your TV to watch whats on your medigate much at all. Remote control is a nice touch.



So looking at the sub bench I see:

Adaptec 2.5 inch USB 2.0 Hard Drive Enclosure Kit converts 2.5 inch int

CP International 1 Bay (CP-UB-200) USB 2.0 External Drive Case

Dynamode USB Caddy for 2.5 Hard Drive

Akasa Integral P2 HDD Enclosure for 2.5" IDE, aluminium Silver, USB 2.0



- The Winner

Akasa Integral P2 HDD Enclosure for 2.5" IDE, aluminium Silver, USB 2.0



Mainly on price and convenience however not on performance. Have decided due to 12Euros delivery charge that I wont buy online and I will see whats in the PC stores in Limerick.



Will let you know what I find!





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: